Wednesday 1 June 2011

Robot power forges school links with business

From The Age newspaper:

http://www.theage.com.au/national/education/robot-power-forges-school-links-with-business-20110525-1f4e0.html

This is so exciting to see student in primary school can have the experience of learning about building robots.  My son got Lego NXT for Christmas two years ago.  What I like about this is that children not only built the robot, they also have to program it.  The book give you steps by steps instruction on how to build a couple of different model and the programming part to.  However, it doesn't always work the first time.  It was very interesting to watch my son trying to work out what's wrong.

When I become teacher, I would like to run a lunch time club for students to build their robots.  I think this have more meaning to them then the theory that the students have to learn in year 10.  I know in their curriculum, they learn to do game maker.  This just give student a different prospective of looking at IT differently.

No comments:

Post a Comment